Friday, August 5, 2016

More On the Language Police

Warning: contains language some may find offensive

  I probably should add an additional warning, but then, some I'm trying to reach would shy away.

  I'm a Christian.  I make no apologies.  I am a fundamentalist.  I make no apologies.

  The issue with some folks is they have not the slightest idea what a Christian is.  They are prejudiced.  They have formed an opinion based on the 'witness' of others.  That witness would not stand up in a court of law.  It would be inadmissible as hearsay.
  Let me repeat myself: It would be inadmissible as hearsay!

  Examine the evidence!

  The second issue it fundamentalism.  Read the previous.  I could be pedantic.  I taught at the post secondary level.  Christian fundamentalists are NOT uneducated, wild eyed fanatics.  There are five (5) points, positions which identify a Christian fundamentalist.

  Examine the evidence!

  Now to get down to 'brass tacks'.

  In my previous 'Language Police' post, I referred to a word that used to be used in past conversation.  I also ranted about the crazy, insane, prohibition of Latin abbreviations.  Here is another word the uneducated snigger about: piss.

  For those who get wound up, I present to you the King James Version of the Bible.

   I Samuel 25:22, 34
   I Kings 14:10; 16:11; 21:21
  II Kings 9:8; 18:27
  Isaiah 36:12

  To unbelievers, your ignorance will be your own death.

  To believers, your ignorance weakens or destroys your witness.

  I'm praying for all humanity.

  Blessings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment