Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Who's the Nanny?

  I visit a well known web site because of its links to news summaries.  The web site itself is not a problem.  Some of the sites it links to have been known problems.  You move in, check the headlines or summary, then back out.
  I lambasted Google for playing Nanny.  Seems it was a company Stop Bad Software.  At least I was able to get to the web site, and also let Stop Bad Software their opinion of the site was erroneous, or was it censorship?  No matter.
  Google.  My sincere apologies.
  Vint Cerf.  Do you really want your name and picture associated with Stop Bad Software?
  I want to stop bad software, oh how I want to.  I have a Windows system with about a half dozen roots kits on it.  Placed there by some folks from overseas, who had the temerity to spoof a company in Portland, then call me to offer their assistance in removing their product from my system.
  The price we pay for an "open" system.

No comments:

Post a Comment